The Chamber is seeking a Membership Account Executive to join our team. This exciting position is responsible for promoting the Chamber throughout the community and assisting businesses with joining our organization. Highly motivated applicants should send a resume to Tabetha Getz, VP of Membership. The full job description is available below and on employflorida.com.
Membership Account Executive
Reports To: Vice President of Membership
The Membership Account Executive is responsible for driving the membership growth of the Gainesville Area Chamber of Commerce. The AE is responsible for recruiting new Chamber members to join the Chamber by communicating the benefits of the organization and the value that membership provides. The AE is responsible for the new member sign up process and for orienting the new member using a thorough first year follow up process.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sell memberships to businesses in the Greater Gainesville Region
- Develop leads and maintain an active prospect database
- Achieve and surpass set quotas and goals as determined by the organization
- Increase overall sales as well as value per sale
- Upgrade current members to higher levels of investment
- Assist in designing new programs to recruit and engage new members
- Schedule appointments and personal visits with prospects and actively follow up
- Maintain knowledge of goals, objectives, and services provided by the organization
- Remain informed of member benefits and Chamber events and communicate that information appropriately with new members and prospects
- Assist with the implementation of targeted sales projects and campaigns
- Support and participate in Chamber events and programs as needed
- Assists Chamber members in taking full advantage of their membership
- Encourage participation and retention in the Chamber utilizing the new member follow up process
- Supports GACC events such as Business Before Hours, Business After Hours, Ribbon Cuttings and Chamber 101
- Attends regular sales/staff meetings
- May be required to work weekday evenings or on weekend to support Chamber events
- Work to complete all projects required in an appropriate amount of time
- Various correspondence (written and verbal) filing, copying, and data entry
- May be asked to be a backup on reception desk, on limited occasions
- All other office administrative duties as requested by supervisor or President/CEO
Education, Experience and Expectations:
- An Associate’s degree is required.
- Must have at least one year of previous sales experience
- Strong organization, time management and multi-tasking skills, detailed oriented
- Self-starter with a professional appearance
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Excel and Word
- Experience with maintaining a CRM Software program a plus
- Must have/maintain a dependable vehicle with proof of license and insurance
- Ability to prospect/cold-call new businesses and to upgrade and sell major accounts
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- One who can think outside the box to offer new ideas, concepts, solutions, etc.
- Capable of maintaining sensitive/confidential information
- Must be a team player that works well in an adapting environment
- Exceptional people skills with an outgoing personality
- Above average customer service, networking and communications skills.
- Ability to move, lift, push, pull up to 30lbs if needed in office environment.
- Ability to think strategically, work independently and as a team member within deadlines, and prioritize work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Works out in the community majority of the time visiting member sites throughout the region.
- When in the office a normal office environment (air conditioned, moderate noise level, etc.) is provided.